South Carolina

In South Carolina, you must have a CL 100, Wood Infestation Report (WIR) before you can sell a house. The seller is required by law to have a CL 100, or the house can’t be sold, unless it’s being sold back to the original builder (i.e., court settlement, etc.). There are some great web sites at Clemson University for compliance and regulation of termites.  (

We bought a house that had been bonded against termites for the first eight years, from earth to pretreatments, from construction, and up to us as the third owners.  The original treatment by the first owners was done wrong. The Terminix employee(s) missed the two-car garage slab for the first eight years, until I hired an independent termite inspector to do an independent CL 100, before we closed on the house.  Found active termites, tunneling, etc.  The original report was bogus.  We hired the independent termite inspector and retreated the whole house from scratch.

Submitted by from

If you have been wronged by Terminix or another termite company, you don't have to fight alone.