On 2-6-99, Terminix was contacted by me to provide a home inspection of suspected termites at our home.  A Terminix inspector conducted an inspection of the premises. A subterranean termite inspection graph indicated the results of the inspection and proposed treatment that would be required to terminate any active infestation and eliminate any further damages.  The supposed treatment was done when we were not at home to verify what and how the treatment was applied to the affected exterior wall. In October, we contacted Terminix on several occasions to inquire why no one from Terminix had come to the home to check for any further termite activity, especially since the initial inspection had revealed activity within the home. We were informed Terminix had inspected the bait stations and found no evidence of active termites. I countered by saying that if that was the case, then there should have been at least some indications that someone had been to our home (especially since the majority of the bait stations are located at the rear of the home behind the fence; and it is doubtful that anyone could go to the backyard without us being there).  While rearranging the living room furniture, both my wife and I noticed mud tubes on the baseboard and walls. We contacted Terminix immediately and informed them of our findings. After several days of trying to get results, an inspector from Terminix came by and indicated that what we apparently thought were termite mud tubes were in his opinion only “bugs.” In December, we noticed additional mud tubes on the adjacent baseboards and walls of the connecting rooms. Again, after several calls to Terminix, a Terminix inspector came to the home. He saw extensive amounts of damage to the baseboards of areas that had not shown any signs of prior damage, areas that the initial inspector for Terminix had inspected. He indicated that any additional treatment of the home would have to be authorized by the resident manager.  A meeting with the local manager was scheduled for the following week.  At that meeting, we were informed that since there was no apparent live termite found within the home and that the initial inspection indicated prior termite damage on the baseboard, that Terminix was not responsible for any repairs, and that any additional treatment of the property would not be done. After several calls to the local manager were attempted, we were told the same thing and submitted an online complaint via the Terminix Internet web page.  A meeting between the regional manager for Terminix, local Terminix manager, and us was arranged.  Prior to this meeting, we contacted a representative of several other competitive pest control companies to conduct inspection of the property. In every instance, the results were the same.  The inspections revealed termite activity in and around the bait stations on the outside of the home and additional termite damage to the base boards (areas not shown as being damaged during Terminix’s inspection).

Submitted by from

If you have been wronged by Terminix or another termite company, you don't have to fight alone.