Terminix Under Criminal Investigation: The Dangers of Methyl Bromide in Pesticides
Do you know how dangerous Methyl Bromide is? A vacationing family became extremely ill after exposure to a chemical known as Methyl Bromide which was used in a nearby fumigation. Now the company responsible for the fumigation (Terminix) is under criminal investigation.
The Esmond family rented a luxury condominium at a St. Johns Resort for their vacation. At one point two Terminix employees fumigated the villa below theirs. That’s when the family became ill. A lawyer representing the family disclosed, “The older boy had blood in his lungs and his heart was failing, and the other boy suffered brain damage. The father, who is also in bad shape, can’t talk. Since the mother had a lesser degree of exposure, she was able to be released into occupational therapy.”
In the aftermath of the case, the U.S. Justice Department has launched an investigation into the local office of Terminix and ordered that it pay a $10 million fine.
Read more about this story in the news:
- Vacationing Family Poisoned By Pesticide At Luxury St. John Condo
- 3 remain hospitalized after family vacation poisoning
- Teens still in critical after family vacation poisoning
- Terminix Used Poisonous Pesticide On St. Croix, EPA Issues Warning
- DPNR Issues Stop Use Order To Terminix After St. John Poisoning Incident, Mapp Issues Statement
- Terminix to pay millions for using pesticide that left family with ‘profoundly debilitating injuries’
- Terminix fined $10M in Virgin Islands toxic pesticide case
Former employees and other victims are encouraged to step forward and help expose the facts relating to Terminix operations that result in damage that devastates individuals and families.
Campbell Law PC
Call us today: 205-567-6490
Toll free: 877-586-7582